Friday, August 4, 2017

This Wasn't on the Syllabus


Well, here we are, at the end of EME6414. It’s hard to believe that another six weeks have gone by. While I could talk about the incredible resources and the amount of practical knowledge I’m able to use on a daily basis, I think I’ll use this last blog for this course to talk about something that wasn’t on the syllabus, or in the readings, or mentioned in any of the videos – a personal experience that I could never have foreseen.

I expected interactions, but I didn’t expect a network of support. The relationships we’ve built have formed so organically. Through our experiences, we’ve found our very own communities within the class, and each interaction seems to be one of support and encouragement. Although our focus has always been on the course material, we’ve each been afforded opportunities to make the experiences personal and relatable. With every blog, every tweet, every VoiceThread, we’ve gotten to know each other a little better.

I think that’s what has been so powerful about this course. We’ve been studying how people connect, and in the process, we’ve connected with each other. We’ve joked several times about how this experience has been very meta, and that is the most perfect way to describe everything about it. I know we don’t have to write any more blogs, and I know today is the last day of the course, but it won’t be for me. This blog, these connections, those tools, all of them will continue to be a part of my life, and for that, I thank all of you.

To the future!

With gratitude and admiration,
Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment